Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Physician Heal Thyself - Wednesday 7 January 2009


Not much going on for what is a pretty standard Wednesday at the moment - that is to say - Lacklustre all around.

Two notable points, neither of which make me happy are the failure of Old Christine, losing 200,000 viewers from your lead in (the ordinary 10 to 01) is not a good look.

Even more woeful was the performance of House, to which ten is adding another hour next week - good luck there folks, House looks like it's officially dead - or maybe that's Ten...

3 comments:

Lumpage said...

1. Is that a scrubs reference in the title? Channel 10 should have scrubs instead of seven. That would make a killer 6pm show.

2. Any thoughts on the simpsons: B&B battle at 6pm?

H E Pennypacker said...

It wasn't intended as such but man alive I'd love to see Scrubs on Ten, currently Comedy Channel plays 4 eps 7.30 Tuesdays and Thursdays so I've catching up on all the older ones I missed.

Would be perfect for Ten, but now I think Seven realise it's value - you may see it turn up as a 7pm show next summer.

H E Pennypacker said...

As for Simpsons vs B&B. I think it was a worthwhile move but ultimately I guess the Simpsons will work better at 6 because it's an alternative to news that kids can watch.

This is important because some parents don't want their kids watching violent news stories or whatever, personally I put on the news just to get my kids out of the loungeroom! Works like a charm!

They key for ten is that they have to promote their 6pm show with a different (episodic) promo every night, then the audience will lift over time.